Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Tinga Tinga

Some of you may recall our little trip to Africa earlier this year. On the last day of our stay in Dar Es Salaam we went to an art cooperative that taught painters to do their craft in the Tinga Tinga style, made famous by Eduardo S. Tingatinga back in the 60's. We bought about a dozen pieces at the co-op and have given some away as gifts since we have been back. We kept six for ourselves and last week we finally got them framed. We are not sure where they are going to go in our house, but we have plenty empty walls to figure it out.







3 Comments:

Blogger this blog said...

oh i love them, they are so beautiful.

3:23 AM  
Blogger stephanie said...

these are so great, i also loved the one you gave my mom. the last 2 are my favorite.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Jacob!! do you remember Andrea Linch?? Well this is Andrea (Reynolds now) I am came across your blog through Alicia's. How are you doing? its great to see you in your pictures. Seems like you are leading an adventures life. I also noticed you have a link to Heidi's blog...how can I get a hold of her? How can I get invited to her blog? Its been forever and I would love to get in touch with her. Thanks a bunch

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home