Monday, March 30, 2009

LHS Class of '92

This is Taichi. We went to high school together our senior year. He was attending Lynnwood High School as an exchange student from Japan. After high school he stuck around the area and eventually opened two restaurants in Fremont. Not that I am jealous or anything, but he was just nominated for a James Beard Award as the Best Chef in the Northwest. So while Lisa and I were in Seattle for Alicia's wedding, we met up for lunch. While I have eaten at his restaurant, Chiso, on numerous occasions, I have not seen him since we graduated. It was great to spend some time together and catch up. As we were talking (and eating) I couldn't help but feel some obvious regret that we had not kept in touch. Hopefully we will both make the efforts to remain in contact. And in case you are wondering and you like sushi, one does not get nominated for a James Beard Award by serving bad sushi - I highly recommend anything on the menu.

This is Katie, Heidi and Andrea. I also graduated from Lynnwood High School with them. They were at Alicia's wedding a couple of weeks ago. I did not attend my 10 year reunion, so this was the closest thing to that. Actually, I saw all three of them about 5 years ago, so it hadn't been that long. It's amazing how time has just flown by. So while they may not own award winning sushi restaurants, they were pretty influential in how I turned out 17 years later. They were/are great friends, and it was nice to be able to spend some with them as well, catching up after all of these years.

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

oh my gosh!! I remember Taichi! He was so cool!!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I am definitely going to check it out when I head to Seattle in June and I am dragging LeAnn with me!

9:12 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

So I have been contemplating for WEEKS now how I was going to compete with our sushi restauranteur friend and have succumbed to the fact that I am just going to have to settle for being your uncool-no-James-Beard-Best-Chef-nominee friend. I guess I can handle that.

We will have to create more of these "reunions" in the future cuz that was great being able to catch up.

2:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home