Sunday, February 15, 2009

New Post

Over the last couple of months the thought of breaking out of our non-blogging slump has caused a bit of anxiety for me. I know this probably sounds weird, but since it has been so long, the pressure to come up with something fresh, timely, and, of course, entertaining has been slightly stressful. Since the last post, in early, December, I have been trying to figure out what event in our lives was going to jar us out of the rut we were in.

For example, it would have been both appropriate and timely to post photos of our trip back to Seattle for Christmas. I could of talked about going to Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, the snow, Christmas Day, the snow, and being stranded with Rob and Stephanie and their apartment for a couple of days. I could have also mentioned the new golf clubs Lisa got me and the trip to Mexico I surprised her with.

How about our photo session with all of my siblings and their significant others? That would have been a good idea. I could have posted some of the shots that were taken.

Another opportunity to post something could have been when Lisa, Mark, andI went skiing up at Stevens Pass after Christmas. I brought a camera along with us and even took some photos and some video.

I could have posted something about New Years Eve at the Holley’s, falling asleep at about 11:30. And what about Dick Clark – that was kind of hard to watch. Again, took the camera and took pictures.

Lisa’s sister Sarah came to visit last month – plenty of opportunities there. I have about 75 photos of when we went up to Blue Springs to see the Manatees. We even caught a glimpse of Paul Sr. from American Chopper.

Also in January, Lisa’s Mom celebrated her birthday with us at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. We had a great time and took plenty of photos. By the way, I highly recommend the Toy Story Mania ride.

There was the season premiere of LOST. I could have said a couple things about how my theory about Charles Widmore being the captain of the Black Rock was totally wrong. Or how I thought bringing Jin back in episode 3 was a bit premature.

Watching Southend United play Chelsea in the FA Cup. The team I have been supporting for several years now, was finally on TV here in the US. That would have been a worthy topic of discussion.

Oh, how about Lisa’s early birthday present before she left on her trip? We went out to the Flying Fish Café at Disney’s Boardwalk Resort. We had a fantastic time, and the food was so good. More pictures were taken then as well. Also, Lisa got me an iPodtouch for my birthday. I have been playing with it non-stop since then. I definitely could have posted something about that, as well as posted the video of me opening the box she wrapped it in. We took video; I very easily could have posted that.

Last week I turned 35. I am now closer to 40 than I am 30. A lot of opportunities for refection there. Plus, going to Disneyworld on your birthday is pretty awesome. You get a pin that has your name and “Happy Birthday” written on it and the whole time you are there, everyone there says “Happy Birthday” to you. I met up with Ben Holley after work and took a couple of spins on the Toy Story Mania ride – ahh, the joys of an Annual Pass. Again, I highly recommend Toy Story Mania.

I also thought about posting something about the fact that both Charles Darwin and Abraham Lincoln were born on the same day. And that Google celebrated Darwin's birthday and not Abraham Lincoln's.

There was the Man vs. Food episode in Seattle and how he went to Red Mill Burgers. I have posted several thoughts and photos of Red Mill in the past, so a couple lines about that would have been good.

And finally, Valentines Day was yesterday. Lisa is on the other side of the planet right now working in Uganda on a project with the Gates Foundation. She’ll be gone for another couple of weeks, so, needless to say, Boo and I are pretty lonely. Definitely my thoughts are on her and the fact that being married and alone (sorry Boo, you don’t count) on Valentines Day really is not delightful or recommended. You see other people buying flowers and chocolate and cards at the grocery store, and you get, as Lisa’s always says, “a bit weepy.” I definitely miss her and cannot wait until the 26th or the 6th – we don’t really know yet. Either way, it’s not tomorrow.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow talk about a past from the past. How did you find me its like something off of LOST your not trying to get me to go back to Rexburg are you? Happy Birthday sorry I didn't call on the 11th.

12:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You probably know that I meant blast.

12:20 AM  
Blogger jacob said...

Actually, I have been checking up on you for quite some time now. Get ready for this. My sisters are friend's with a girl, Michelle, that grew up with Sally Ogden. I saw Sally's link on Michelle's blog and checked it out, and there you were - in all of your glory.

12:32 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

I knew your birthday was coming up (as it turns out... past), but nonetheless, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

My list of missed posts is not so detailed but just as lengthy. People just have to take what they can get!

I'm assuming you'll be at the wedding so see you there!

3:06 AM  
Blogger jacob said...

Heidi - we will be back in Seattle for the wedding. It sounds as if you are planning to be there as well? Looking forward to catching up with you.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Yes, I am coming for the wedding! Already got my ticket so it's a done deal. I don't want to interfere with the wedding hoopla but I hope to be able to catch up with y'all... maybe at Red Mill!

I noticed the topic of A-rod vs. steroids is lacking from your list. It's hurts me to think he used to be a Mariner.

12:24 PM  
Blogger jacob said...

Once A-Rod left Seattle, he was dead to me. Did you see the man vs. food at Red Mill? I can't believe you have never been there. We'll have to go.

2:23 PM  
Blogger michelleyv said...

Hey--this is Michelle. You know--the girl that is friends with your sisters and grew up with Sally Ogden? Seems to me I was friends with you before I was friends with most of your sisters? How did I fall off of your friend list? It's because I forgot your birthday, isn't it?

Hope Lisa returns sooner than later! Though I'm sure that you and Boo make a pretty cute couple, you and Lisa are perfect for one another.

BTW--this is the best post you've ever made.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Lisette said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! We are the lame friends that miss birthdays and such. We would still love to come and visit and wearing a big button would have been right up Cameron's alley. Too bad, maybe next year. Hope everything is well and that you will not get too sad or too lonely while Lisa is away. She is wonderful though and so I can understand why you feel the way you do.

2:54 PM  
Blogger cropstar said...

You needn't have worried about blog content. This was great!

Happy belated birthday!

PS- I love how much you love Lisa.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home