Monday, March 24, 2008

One crazy year!

Earlier this month, the 2nd to be exact, Lisa and I celebrated our first anniversary. We figured the best way for us to celebrate the ups and downs of our first year of marriage was to go to an amusement park. And lucky for us, we live in Orlando, the land of amusement parks. We had purchased some passes to Universal back in July. It was really hot and muggy that day and we totally wimped out and never used the passes. So, we decided to become your typical Orlando resident and spend a Saturday at the park.


Don't worry - it happened to be the regional cheer leading finals or something. The place was crawling with cheerleaders.

This ride is probably 50 times better when it's like 95-degrees and 95-percent humidity - also known as a typical Orlando summer day.

This picture was taken after we took a little ride on Lisa's favorite roller coaster - Dueling Dragons. Dueling Dragons was not my favorite ride. I found out after about 2 seconds on the ride that roller coasters featuring loops, going backwards, and my feet dangling in air, are not for me.

Yes - that is their feet dangling in the air.
A valid description as to how I was feeling post ride - pukey!
Now we are talking - Flying Unicorn. This is definitely more my style. No loops, going backwards, and my feet were firmly set upon the floor of the car.



The One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish ride in Seuss Landing. It's actually kind of a cute ride. As you spin around and go up and down, water squirts at you.

Caro-Seuss-el.


After Islands of Adventure we moseyed over to Universal Studios for the rest of the afternoon.



The Woody Woodpecker ride. Flying Unicorn was 10 times better.
This is a fun attraction - Disaster. It stars Christopher Walken and you the visitor. They basically make a disaster movie during the "ride."
The next day we celebrated our actual anniversary by having the "cake" from our wedding - Strawberry Shortcake and Brownies.
It truly has been a crazy year. In the year we have been married, we have purchased a home, found out my job was being relocated, decided to move to Florida, sold a home, purchased another home, drove across the country, went on vacation to Barbados, and went on Safari to Africa. We are ready for some piece and quiet and at least one month without either one of us traveling for work. Despite the craziness, I couldn't have done it without Lisa.

6 Comments:

Blogger stephanie said...

Lisa looks so cute and sun kissed! Did you guys save "cake" from your wedding?! No - I guess your brownies were circle (I would know)

8:27 PM  
Blogger Gini said...

Jacob! Hi, Holy cow it has been forever. I found your blog through alicia's. You look just the same as I remember you. This week I have found so many people from the old Lynnwood stake. Its kind of crazy! My mind has been spinning with all the memories. I love this blogging thing. You are welcome to check out my blog anytime.
Gini(Brown)
By the way your Wife is beautiful!Congrats on the one year anniversary!

2:54 PM  
Blogger Jacob said...

Happy Anniversary! I remember having a ton of fun at your beautiful wedding reception last year! It really can be a roller-coaster, eh? Try (when you're ready) adding pregnancy to the mix and then it's one emotional roller-coaster that's hard to top! (BTW - We're adding another member to bookclub by having a baby boy in June!!!) Hope you are both doing well and things will settle down for you for a marvelous second year ahead!

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time sure flys when you're having fun!!! Just wait till you and Lisa hit your 14th anniversary and you realize that you now have a teenager!!! Then you really wonder where the time went. Love you and miss you guys.

Amy

11:57 AM  
Blogger jacob said...

Gini - thanks for stopping by. It has been along time. Your family looks great! Swing by anytime.

10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jacob Farrar?? Think back for a moment.......Rexburg, ID... 1996-1997.......Brookside Village and Alpine Chalet (I think).....Jennifer Davison..try to remember me.....remember our grand friendship??? I was roomies, for a short time, with Mindy Harry, Kevin Harry's woman. We were in the same family home evening. And I was roomies with Ms. JAmi Monson. I just was playing online and looking for people from the good old days. And there you were. If you can't remember me, I will send a pic if and when you respond. I realize that was so long ago in life. Just wanted to say hi and see how you are doing. My email is
onlystinkin1@yahoo.com
cause i am not sure how this works and if it will show you that.
aloha,
jenn davison ...now lopes

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home