Thursday, July 20, 2006

EAT

No trip to Oregon is complete without a stop at this potential National Landmark. I do say "potential" because I don't really know how many people actually know about it. But anyone that that has traveled north on I-5 between Kelso and Centralia has seen the sign below:

Now as you passed by, you may have thought "ooh, what a dive - who would want to stop there, when there is a McBurger Queen in the Box just up the road." To those who think this way, I say good riddance - more fresh strawberry shakes for the rest of us! By the way, the town this oasis is located in is called Vader - how cool is that. Mrs. Beesley's, or as I like to call it, EAT, has all your typical roadside hamburger joint fare; burgers, shakes, fries, and fish & chips. I stick to the basic vegetarian options - shake and fries! I do need to add a commentary about the fries - served with tartar sauce; they definitely make the roadtrip a little more doable. Plus - they are crinkle-cut, just like they did at Hillcrest Elementary!

Here’s Lisa enjoying her Fresh Strawberry shake – look at her smile, knowing she’s about to taste pure goodness.

A large chocolate shake for this guy!

Now I do have one complaint – the rootbeer shake does indeed taste like fake rootbeer syrup. Normally, I am a big fan of the rootbeer shake, not so much at EAT. But, because of who they are and what they stand for, EAT has plenty of other flavors to choose from including fresh banana.

So while Cindy and Joseph were enjoying Michael Mclean; Lisa and I were filled with a different burning in the bosom – the heartburn associated with yummy, greasy fries and a tasty milkshake to wash it down!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cindy Bean said...

Mmmmm! That place is so good. I wouldn't have traded my Michael McLean experience for anything though.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home