Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Well we did it.

Yup, we found a house. Our new home is located southwest of downtown Orlando, about 20 minutes away from my new office. Lisa and I had gone down to Orlando to only look at some potential homes. The plan would then be after our house in Seattle sold, go back down and look for some that were still available. Well, we messed that one up. While we were gone we got an offer on our house here and accepted it this morning - perfect timing, huh? The new place is brand new and I am predicting the first carpet stain will come from me spilling something off a plate. While it doesn't have a pool, it's about a block away from a lake and there are 4 pools in the community.


Front

Rear





No trip to the south is complete without a little visit at the local Cracker Barrel. The time was 10:30 and I wasn't sure what to get. I was in the mood for something salty and something sweet. Hmm, what should I order?
Of course - Strawberry shortcake and a little Mac n' cheese. A perfect combination.
Who in the world matches their pj's to the bedding in their hotel room?

6 Comments:

Blogger stephanie said...

I forgot to find out... does the new house have a formal sitting room? If it doesn't, then it's perfect. Who needs those anyway? (seems like the visiting teachers can sit in the family room).

5:46 PM  
Blogger John and Drew said...

Where's our room?

1:15 PM  
Blogger Mrs. James Quigley said...

when are you taking reservations for 2008?

2:28 AM  
Blogger Cindy Bean said...

I've never been to Florida. Can I come visit too! That house looks hassle-free! Congratulations.

3:22 PM  
Blogger jacob said...

Reservations for 2008 are open. Our fee is minimal - at least one dinner on the guest. OTher than that we would love it if people came to visit. We are only about 20 minutes from Disney.

4:56 PM  
Blogger ewesa said...

man! what happened to that pool I picked out?? sigh. ok. lake it is. but I hate gaters, so you've got to bring your BB gun and some raw steak to lure them away. congratulations on selling your house and re-housing so smoothly!

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home